I can’t say that I am a fan of hockey, but it sure has been fun watching the post season play. Now…if we could just get that other Chicago team to win a championship!
1. How do Tuesday’s come so fast? I have really good intentions of posting the other 6 days of the week. It just doesn’t seem to happen.
2. I have a new job….catering! Well, not really. I did help out a friend though. She is a Realtor and wanted to serve something different than the typical sandwiches for a open house she was having. We went with won ton wrappers formed into cups and filled with chicken salad. Also, cute little fruit kabobs. It was fun!
3. Here’s a custom design I did for a friends little girl. I love how it turned out. I will be adding it to my shop soon.
4. Here’s another custom design for a train themed party. Gotta add this to the shop too!
5. It was a rainy day so we spent time coloring and painting….and glittering the house. Seriously, how does glitter end up EVERYWHERE? I think it’s going to take years to get it all cleaned up.
6. I’m hoping the weather cooperates for our Sheryl Crow concert on Sunday at Ravinia.
7. I wish there was some way to keep Play-Doh colors seperate. I drive myself crazy trying to keep the kids from mixing the colors. I usually end up giving up, then the mixed up colors drive me nuts! Here’s Derek making trains.
8. Summer just started and we have just about every weekend planned. That means the summer is going to fly by.
9. I am determined to post something before next Tuesday rolls around again.
10. Finally 10! Gotta run…I have two little boys that need to go get haircuts!
1. I almost forgot today was Tuesday! We had a wonderful holiday weekend. It was pretty low key, which was really nice! We were able to spend time with friends and family without rushing from one gathering to the next, which is usually the case.
2. The only downside to the weekend, our refrigerator went out Sunday morning. Not good when you are supposed to be hosting a cookout the next day! We managed though.
3. Last week was the week for custom designs. They kept me BUSY!
4. Here’s a poster and front and back card design I did for one of my favorite customers.
Graphics were supplied by customer.
5. Here’s a new design I added to my shop. This was created by request of a previous customer. It’s a combination of two designs I already had.
6. I created this little girls birthday invitations last year. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to create a custom design for her this year. Her only requirement was that the party have mermaids and castles.
7. Princess and the Frog theme parties seem to be very popular this year.
8. And the last custom design of the week…. This is perfect for a 4th of July wedding!
10. In case you are tired of the design talk…. I bought this sink for the boys over the weekend. So far they love it! Hopefully the novelty doesn’t wear off too soon!
The response I have received from the bug party has been amazing! In fact, Michelle at Maddcakes Muse was nice enough to feature the party today! If you haven’t been to her blog before, you need to check it out! She’s got great party planning tips and ideas.
After receiving several questions about the goodie bags, I realized I forgot to include a picture of them. Oops!
Each bag contained one puzzle. The older kids got those cool magnetic ones with the net to catch the bugs. There was also a puzzle with markers, lace up card, magic grow capsules, bubbles, finger puppet bugs, and (not pictured) gummy bugs and graham cracker bugs.
I always like to send the adults home with a favor too. These beautiful cookies were made by Pam at Cookie Crazie. I (with lots of help!) attached them to sticks and put them in the pot to create a bouquet.